Plant Journeyman Electrician
Oklahoma University, A Division Of The Corix Group Of Companies
Address:1000 Jenkins, Norman
This position is responsible for installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical systems associated with components and/or systems of the chill water, heating steam, and power production utilities to the University of Oklahoma. Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Troubleshooting, calibration, installation, preventative maintenance and repair of the following systems:
a. Plant electrical systems including: breakers, disconnects, transformers, transfer switches and motor control centers to 12,500V
b. PLC based control systems
c. Digital control systems (Rosemount and Yokogawa a plus)
d. Digital and pneumatic transmitters (pressure, temperature, flow, I to P)
e. Electrical motors (3 phase) to 4,000 HP
f. Plant lighting systems and transformers
g. Synchronous generator experience a plus
h. Mechanical chillers up to 3000 tons
i. Customer billing meters
2. Use diagnostic equipment including: multi-meters, portable pressure gauges, manometers, infrared camera and similar equipment to perform required troubleshooting.
3. Identifies defective sectionalizing devices, circuit breakers, fuses, voltage regulators, transformers, switches, relays, or wiring using wiring diagrams and electrical testing equipment.
4. Willingly learn and support cross-functional maintenance with other crafts (mechanics, etc.).
5. Support Operations Department as required with troubleshooting, returning equipment to service, and communicating findings and repairs needed to equipment and/or systems.